Are you one of those people who will jump on the bandwagon and take up one of the hundreds of diets featured this month? Or are you going to sit back and think what is it I really want long term for my body, mind and spirit?
If you are feeling a bit under the weather this month and have put on a bit of weight over the festive period, then you don’t need to diet – the first thing you need to do is cleanse and remove the toxins from your body. Just think about what you did to your liver, your bowels, your kidneys, your pancreas, your heart and your lungs over the festive period! A low-calorie and low fat diet alone is not going to heal that. Cleansing means giving your body a chance to remove toxic waste and re-build strong, healthy tissue to create strong healthy organs.
Some simple ways to cleanse are:
- A weekend juice feast primarily juicing vegetables. You should aim to have 5 to 6 servings of juice throughout the day. This beats any energy drink and gives you’re a body a chance to cleanse, heal and re-energise.
- Outside the juice feast aim to have fresh soups, hearty salads, fruits and whole foods.
- Drink plenty of water during your cleanse. To add some zest and help with cleansing add a slice of lemon or lime. Remember water is the key to life and it helps keep things moving inside. You should be aiming to drink about 2 litres of water a day.
- Dry skin brushing, brushing gently towards your heart. This takes 2 minutes a day and is great for moving your lymph and opening those pores to remove toxins from your skin.
- Exercise and get your body moving! Keep it gentle during the juice feast and stay within your aerobic training heart rate.
- Have a colonic and get those bowels moving. Colon hydrotherapy is widely used now as a holistic health resource and can help the healing process. According to Dr Bernard Jenson, your health is determined by how clean your bowels are. Most people have an accumulation of waste sitting in their bowels which goes as far back as childhood. So book yourself up and let the waste flow out!
- To support your cleanse, take good quality supplements like Green Barley, Pro-biotics and Healthy fats such as Udo’s Choice Oil Blend.